Thursday, December 18, 2008

Friends-4-Food Project: About The Friends 4 Food Project

I finally made it today to drop off my donation to our local food bank...Lake County Food Bank (IL) :-) Since they are calling for 15" of snow tonight, it was get it done or get caught trying to squeeze it in somewhere mon/tues, eeekkk, those days are already full for me!

I had decided that this was a good year to start a new tradition in our immediate family...1 gift to each person and 1 RAK that we could then talk about the what and why each person picked what they picked during our special meal on Christmas Eve. Doesnt matter what it is/was and doesnt have to cost money but an act of kindness for another person. I had already decided on this new tradition prior to hearing about Bunny's Friends 4 Food Project but hey, timing is everything right and have you seen that awesome box of scrapping goodies she is giving one lucky winner, ggg. I got idea first from April Dawn (K-Joi 10 Weeks To Christmas Challenge) when she told us how her family handles their holiday gift lists, Thank You Arpil for that! When we were just youngsters with children we too had to call on what was at the time our local food charities to feed our little family so it was my first thought and when I read about Friends 4 Food I thought "see, its good karma coming right back" :-) Thank You Bunny for thinking of this and coordinating it all, Big Hugs to You! And to all the folks who are helping to make it even extra special!!!

we'll see if this works like I think its going to, LOL
Friends-4-Food Project: About The Friends 4 Food Project

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good on YOU for donating!!!!
{hugs}

omg, my word verification to be able to post is "hornyhag"
hahahah!!!!